Are you looking to complete your Bachelor’s Degree, but you don’t quite fit the description of an Incoming Freshman? If so, you are most likely a Transfer Student. Transfer Applicants are often people who:
- Have finished, or are in the process of completing, an Associate’s Degree
- Are currently enrolled at a four-year institution, but want to change schools
- Have left a four-year college or university, but now wish to re-enroll
- Have served several years in the military and are now looking to take advantage of the G.I. Bill
It is often said that transferring is not for the faint of heart. The application process is anything but uniform and it requires gathering information both specific to your personal circumstances and to the college or university you wish to attend. To get informed about this complex journey, you may wish to review the following resources:
General Information and Databases
Advice on the Transfer Admissions Process
Books for Transfer Students
- Susan Weir. Transitions: A Guide for the Transfer Student.
- Peter Feaver et al. Getting the Best Out of College: Insider Advice from a Professor, a Dean, and a Recent Grad.
- Carole Fungaroli Sargent. Traditional Degrees for Nontraditional Students: How to Earn a Top Diploma From America’s Great Colleges At Any Age.
- Mike Rose. Back to School: Why Everyone Deserves a Second Chance at Education.
If you feeling overwhelmed by this information or you’re not sure how to proceed, Distinctive College Consulting will be more than happy to assist you in the Transfer Application Process. First, review the two service descriptions provided below to determine what kind of transfer student you are, then contact us to arrange your free initial consultation.
Have you completed your Associate’s Degree or are you unhappy with the college choice you made? Making the leap from one school to another is not for the faint of heart, yet at least 33% of U.S. college students do it every year. Whether you have started at a community college or a four-year institution, we can help you decide whether or not transferring is the right decision for you. Once over that hurdle, we will guide you through the assembling of your application materials, coping with the potential lack of on-campus support services, articulating your reasons for transferring, and selecting a school that better fits your needs.
When you were supposedly “college-aged,” did you decide that a Bachelor’s Degree wasn’t for you and leave school to pursue other interests? Have you now changed your mind, but you’re not sure how to re-enroll and complete your education? Distinctive College Consulting is aware of the challenges that non-traditional students face and can assist you in climbing back onto the educational ladder. We will introduce you to several accredited, degree-granting options, so that you can improve your job prospects, develop critical thinking skills, as well as balance the personal and professional demands of your adult life. We can even help veterans navigate the Yellow Ribbon Program, so that you and your children can take advantage of the G.I. Bill. After working with us you will see that it is never too late to finish your Bachelor’s Degree.
We are Distinctive
Call (202) 670-2138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your free consultation.